How to knit skirt pattern
Piece no. 1:
- Cast on 202 stitches at waist. Set the stitches as; knit 21, purl 9, apply the diagram no. 1 onto 7 stitches (knit 3, purl 1, knit 3), purl 9, knit 2, apply the diagram no. 2 onto 24 stitches (purl 6, knit 3, purl 6, knit 3, purl 6), garter stitch 24, purl 2, knit 6 (apply the diagram no. 3 onto these stitches), purl 2, garter stitch 24, apply the diagram no. 2 onto 24 stitches, knit 2, purl 9, apply the diagram no. 1 onto 7 stitches, purl 9, knit 21.
- When body length is 45 cm, reduce 24 stitches of garter stitch to 15 stitches by decreasing 9 x 1 stitches on every row.
- When body length is 50 cm, on every front row, finish the stitches on which the diagram no. 3 is applied by decreasing 5 x 1 stitches at both sides of 10-stitches on which the same diagram is applied.
- When body length is 55 cm, center the garter stitches and decrease 2 stitches by taking 3 stitches in the middle together. Performing this step 15 times in total on every row, drop to 144 stitches by finishing the stitches worked as garter stitch.
- When body length is 67 cm, center the stitches; decrease 10 x 1 stitches at both sides of 2-stitches at the center, work 4 rows, and decrease 15 x 1 stitches at the same places on every row.
- When body length is 102 cm, decrease 2 stitches at both ends by taking 3 stitches together for 7 times.
- Meanwhile, center the stitches; decrease 10 x 2 stitches at both sides of 2-stitches in the center and finish by binding off the remaining 26 stitches.
- Pick up 178 stitches onto needle from the waist part. Finish after working 9 cm of 2+2 rib. 9- Sew the places numbered no. 1 in the sketch to each other.
- Cast on 185 stitches. Center the stitches and while working 25 stitches in the center on every row, add 80 stitches remained at both ends to 25-stitches in the center by 4 stitches each on every row and at the same time, work those 25-stitches in the center as garter stitch.
- As 4-stitches taken from both ends on every row are increased, apply the diagrams no. 1 and no. 2.
- When starting to work all the stitches, the diagrams as in piece no. 1 are started to be applied.
- While performing these steps, center the stitches and decrease 70 x 1 stitches at both sides of 1-stitch at the center on every right row.
- From the next row on, decrease 7 x 2 stitches at both ends. Finish by binding off the remaining stitches.
- As shown in the sketch, sew the piece no. 2 to the same numbered places of the piece no. 1.
Knitted Skirt Ribs
- For side ribs, pick up 340 stitches onto needle. Work 2 cm of 2+2 rib and decrease 74 stitches at waist.
- Starting from the next row, decrease 3 x 5 stitches at the end of decrease on every row.
- Finish by binding off the remaining stitches on the next row.
- Pick up 234 stitches onto needle from the hem of the piece no. 2. Finish after working 5 cm of 2+2 rib.
Source : Nako.com.tr / Yarn : Nako Rekor 257