How to knit woman’s sweater
Sweater’s Back Piece
- Piece No. 1: Cast on 3 stitches and work as knit stitch. Increase 29 x 1 stitches at one end on every row to obtain 32 stitches.
- While making increases, when the number of stitches reaches to 15, set the stitches starting from the body side as; knit 12, purl 2, knit 1.
- Start applying the diagram no. 2 as stitches increase.
- When body length is 24 cm, decrease 3+2+1 stitches at one end for armhole.
- At 20 cm after armhole, finish by binding off 26 stitches remaining on shoulder in 3 steps.
- Work 2 pieces in the same way and sew around two sides of the piece no. 2 as shown in the sketch.Piece no. 2: Cast on 55 stitches. Work 21 cm of single moss stitch and finish.
Sweater’s Front Piece
- Piece No. 1: Work as the back piece. Piece no. 2: 1- Cast on 55 stitches. Set the stitches as; single moss stitch 23, knit 4, purl 1, knit 4, single moss stitch 23.
- Apply the diagram no. 1 onto 9-stitches in the middle and finish after working 21 cm. Work as the back piece.
- Cast on 60 stitches. Work 5 cm of 1+1 rib and continue with knit stitch.
- On the first row of switching to knit stitch, increase 9 x 1 stitches at every 3 stitches.
- Increase 2 x 1 stitches at both ends at every 5 rows to obtain 79 stitches.
- When sleeve length is 19 cm, decrease 3+4 times 1 stitch + 2+2+2+2+2 stitches at both ends for armholes.
- When sleeve length is 26 cm, finish by binding off the remaining 45 stitches.
Sweater’s Body Piece Ribs
After joining the pieces, pick up 155 stitches onto needle from hemline. Finish after working 3 cm of 1+1 rib.
Pick up 110 stitches on the needle around the neck. Finish after working 5 cm of 1+1 rib.
Source : Nako.com.tr / Yarn : Nako Pashmina 10701