How to knit long cardigan’s back piece
- Cast on 46 stitches and work as garter stitch.
- Increase 15 x 1 stitch at both ends at every 4 rows to obtain 76 stitches.
- At working 10 cm w/o increase, increase 10 x 1 stitches at both ends at every 4 rows.
- When body length is 64 cm, decrease 26 x 1 stitches at both ends on every row for shoulders.
- When body length is 85 cm, finish by binding off 15 stitches each at both ends for shoulders and on the next row, by binding off 14 stitches remaining in the center.
How to knit long cardigan’s front piece
- Cast on 30 stitches. Work the stitches on the front side as garter stitch along knit length, and on the back side, starting at the center front, as garter stitch 14, knit 1, garter stitch 15.
- Increase 15 x 1 stitches at every 4 rows at the side of 15 stitches. After working 10 cm w/o any increase, obtain 55 stitches by increasing 10 x 1 stitches at every 4 rows at the same end.
- When body length is 46 cm, apply tassels w/ needle onto 25 stitches at the armhole side.
- After working 18 cm of tassels w/ needle, continue with garter stitch again.
- When body length is 64 cm, decrease 26 x 1 stitches at one end on every row for shoulder.
- When body length is 85 cm, decrease 15 stitches for shoulder.
- Finish after working 14 stitches remained at the center front as garter stitch for 8 cm more for neck opening. Sew to the back piece.
How to knit long cardigan’s belt
- Cast on 15 stitches. Finish after working 50 cm of garter stitch. Sew it to the point no. 1 in the sketch.
Source : Nako.com.tr / Yarn : Nako Artist 86354